Ensure the human touch
Make the most of it
Create the best environment
More and more people conduct a portion of their work online. Written communication and verbal exchange – upskilling one’s ability to contribute becomes key. Not missing important informormation is at least as important.
We collaborate even though we are based in different places. Remote work, work at a distance, virtual collaboration, mobile working – they all refer to the same concept.
Many team members and leaders benefit from a kick-starter to a change in their ways of working. Even those people that have been working in global corporations for a long time have not necessarily focussed on this skillset so far.
The Human Resources and IT functions as well as facilities or innovation teams want to make an impact in moving the culture and processes to a modern way of working.
New Teamwork – the human touch in a remote and hybrid world
Collaboration requires an attitude of openness and sharing.
If we work remotely we need to be aware of our behaviours and guidance to others. This can be learned. And it is possible to make things happen that most people do not consider to be an option when working remotely. Networking, social time, teambuilding – how can this be addressed with simple means when we do not meet each other in person?
Online meetings, larger virtual events and live online trainings can often be conducted with a lot more involvement and interaction. Creating psychological safety and bonding will contribute to team members pulling in the same direction. Our objective is to achieve a solid mutual understanding.
In the business this relates to internal collaboration amongst colleagues, as well as any communication with customers and business partners.
Click on the image and scroll through details 👇🏻
Klicken Sie auf das Bild für Details (DE)
Your Team Charta for Alignment
How are we going to collaborate in a hybrid world?
How can we be more effective?
How do we align and implement change in behaviour?
How can we achieve alignment in the team?
How do we know that everyone is contributing?
- It defines the culture and values, but also processes
- It is specific to THIS team’s requirements
- It gives team leaders the opportunity to engage their team members
- It fosters the team’s buy-in
- It ensures efficient use of tools
- It saves everyone time
- It contributes to better understanding of each other’s role
- It helps people understand each others behaviours
- It allows people to voice concerns that have accrued over time
The company may provide a broad framework. However, we recommend that each team defines their specific needs and solutions.
It depends… but a typical workshop is 1-2 days
New Tools for effective collaboration
For us, the success lies in knowing one’s digital tools and methods.
If you are on a journey to introduce a new platform we help your people make the change and speed up the time to working effectively with the new tools.
4 New Work is not bound by any particular tool provider. We do not sell any hard or software. Instead, our expertise lies in supporting users to expand their skills with regard to methods and behaviours, as well as the efficient use of tools with regard to remote collaboration.
Whether you are introducing Microsoft Teams, working with Skype for Business, Zoom, Webex, Adobe Connect or other tools, employees and leaders learn how to benefit from the potential of these applications.
Currently, many organisations are introducing Microsoft 365 and the collaboration platform Microsoft Teams. Starting off with the right change and adoption concept will smooth the transition and save you a lot of hustle later.
- We love to share our knowledge and help users of any profession to get used to the digital tools.
- We are not IT specialists and therefore we don’t talk like IT people either. Managers and employees of our customers find it refreshing to learn really practical tips for their daily work routines, creating efficiencies and time savings.
- We also work regularly with additional tools for live polls and whiteboarding to create interactive online events with larger audiences.
As registered Microsoft Partner we have access to technology partners when it comes to actual system roll-outs.
Mobility and flexibility – the two key components of changing work styles. What do workplaces look like going forward?
Companies that want to be competitive and efficient offer an environment that encourages different and modern options. Why?
Drivers for your organisation
Going forward, a lot of people will want some flexibility to work from different places. Home Office is one.
At the same time human beings want to meet, connect, build trustworthy working relationships and be creative.
It is worth re-considering the best possible use of office space to address the current needs. In our view it is important that this is not just a question of architecture and interior design. Moreover the right culture, behaviour and leadership style in combination with the matching office architecture will be the ideal foundation for your workplace to come.
- Do you want to develop your company culture and leadership mindset?
- Do your leaders look for guidance on what to do?
- Do your employees wonder how flexibility, shared desk, open spaces and the like will impact them?
- Are you part of a project team wanting to introduce change but you are facing internal reluctance?
We are happy to support and coach you. Just let us know.
At 4 New Work we partner with experienced experts in office architecture and design when projects involve the actual need for repurposing and redesigning workspaces. Applying a well tested change management methodology the project becomes a lot easier to handle for our customers.
This blog post is in German language